I think Blogging is a great addition to the classroom!! I am new to blogging myself but I can see the potential it has for the next generation to connect, interact, and explore their thoughts on various topics.
Times are changing and now almost every kid probably has some experience with computers and the internet, this new technology is something they relate well to. Therefore, it is only a natural progression that we should try to integrate that technology as much as we can into the classroom as it sparks interest in the younger generations.
Using blogging for something like class discussion on current events allows for a different outlet for children’s knowledge and offers a medium that is current, appealing, and exciting for the kids. It mixes things up a bit!
I would like to try implementing this tool in my classroom as it adds a different dynamic to just regurgitating answers on paper or having repetitive classroom discussions structured around questions and answers. I think blogging allows for more of a flow of information, it can stream from one idea to the next and just keep growing. Essentially, allowing for more creativity and individuality in the children’s responses to the subject matter. It gives an opportunity to get to know the students on a more personal level because their opinions and thought processes are able to shine through.
I am excited to become part of the blogging community!!
Great ideas. Getting to know students on a personal level is important. Choosing a secure blogging platform is necessary.
ReplyDelete